How can you encourage children’s language development, from their first baby babbles to their first years of school? It’s a question on the minds of parents and teachers of all young learners, regardless of background or disability. Today I’m excited to bring you a terrific free resource with lots of tips on encouraging early language development, straight from some of today’s top experts.
From Babbles to Books: Supporting Language & Literacy Development in Early Childhood is a 54-page, full-color ebook you can download, keep, and share as a resource. It’s packed with helpful hints, fun activities, printable handouts, and practical tips on how to play, talk, and read with young children from birth to age 5.
You’ll get fun, ready-to-use ideas on how to:
- engage young children with language-rich activities
- recognize language milestones, red flags, and next steps
- embed language learning in everyday interactions
- use shared storytimes to boost early literacy skills
- teach kids their letters and phonemes
- construct literacy-rich preschool environments for all learners
- implement literacy and language supports for children with disabilities
- and more!