FREE DOWNLOAD: Screening Success Decisions GuideMarch 24, 2022
What makes an early childhood screening and monitoring program successful? Many factors contribute to the success of a program, but the foundation is always thorough and comprehensive planning.
Today’s free download is a handy checklist of key questions to consider as you plan your program, such as:
- Who is the leader of your screening program?
- What staff will be involved in the screening program? What are their responsibilities?
- Who will prepare the materials needed for screening?
- What training will staff receive?
- What screening tool will you use? Will you use a developmental screening tool and a social-emotional screening tool?
- When will you screen? Will you screen infants and toddlers more frequently than older children?
- What are your referral criteria?
- How will you record screening results? Will you enter results into an online management system?
- Who will share results with parents?
- Will you share results with health care providers or other community partners?
- How will you evaluate the success of your program?
For the full checklist of questions, click the link below. Keep this as a helpful reminder of the key decisions to make and important information to gather as you make your screening plan.